This is a 90 minute webinar presented by our very own Scale Factory CEO/CTO Jon Topper that gives you a bird’s eye view of all the security tools you can leverage in AWS. It’s a great introduction to security in AWS and covers lots of the security topics at a high level. Don’t get bogged down to record every single white paper, video course or book you may want to check out. The important thing is to get organized and start studying – you will create new cards and move old ones as you study along. In my case, professional growth was the main driver as I wanted to deepen my AWS knowledge in the security space. And it is certainly paying dividends as the AWS Security Specialty Certification is one of the most practical AWS certifications and one of the most useful for my daily job.
Additionally the GitHub repo includes all scripts, CloudFormation templates and other assets used in lessons. The course has you create 3 AWS accounts which all include the free-tier . The course is designed around using this free-tier to keep is almost entirely free. It makes more sense to use these ‘long running accounts’ rather than temporary AWS accounts.
Prepare for your exam
- Earn an industry-recognized credential that highlights your expertise in incident response, logging and monitoring, infrastructure security, identity and access management, and data protection on the AWS platform.
- The decision was made quickly and I decided to pass the exam as my first goal in 2022.
- In this section you’ll focus primarily on networks and the security issues you need to plan for.
- The AWS Certified Security – Specialty certification shows you can efficiently use AWS security services to stay secure in AWS.
If you’d like to find out how we can support you and your team to secure your AWS account, get in touch. Achieving CCSP certification provides the added benefit of membership in ², the world’s largest nonprofit association of cybersecurity professionals, more than 150,000 members strong. CCSP-credentialed professionals must participate in continuing professional education to stay current on emerging threats, technologies, regulations, standards and practices. They are required to earn and submit a minimum of 30 CPEs each year; 90 CPEs by the end of the 3-year recertification cycle. In January 2016 Stuart was awarded ‘Expert of the Year Award 2015’ from Experts Exchange for his knowledge share within cloud services to the community. In this lab, you’ll learn how to configure and use AWS CloudTrail and CloudWatch in cooperation with each other to monitor AWS infrastructure and services. We welcome all feedback so if you are unsure about where to start or if would like help getting started please direct any comments or questions to us at
World-Class Cybersecurity Training
Use best in class cloud security solutions and keep the necessary systems upto date. 80%-85% questions from this dump, I suggest learn every question carefully and understand that knowledge point as well. I used AWS Reinvent videos to understand IAM and KMS in depth as you will see lot of questions from there 2 topics.
- CCSP expands upon vendor-specific cloud certifications with comprehensive knowledge and skills in security frameworks.
- The AWS Security Engineer will assess risk and deliver countermeasures to protect the data of the company and its customers.
- If your time to prepare for this exam is fragmented like mine, try to take notes when you go through the online trainings so you can review them whenever you can.
- Adrian is obsessed with helping his students learn and develop in the most efficient and effective way possible and draws on over two decades of technology design, implementation and fault-finding experience.
- I will keep this course up to date with the Security Specialty exam for as long as AWS keep this exam current.
Fifty-five percent of companies use at least two public clouds in addition to their own data centers, according to IDG’s 2020 Cloud Computing Study. IT managers make choices based on the performance and services a platform offers, which https://remotemode.net/ vary according to application type. Organizations worldwide are facing new security challenges presented by cloud computing, as most legacy security tools fail to meet the requirements of dynamic, distributed, virtual cloud environments.